There are tons of criminal activity of Al Capone but some most hated crimes done by Alphonse Capone which made him most wanted criminal in the history of USA. Let’s read about the Al Capone Crimes…
- Capone abducted election staff from opponents and resorted to abuse against voters. He finally won office in Cicero but not before his brother Frank was killed in a shootout with police force in Chicago.
2. He was made money-man by Capone’s bootlegging whiskey trail from Chicago to New York, but an incident involving Billy McSwiggin, known as the “hanging prosecutor,” was to become a big setback for the un-attackable gangster. McSwiggin was shot and killed in error by Capone’s henchmen during a shoot-out outside a bar between rivals. Capone was blamed but again he avoided arrest due to lack of evidence. Nevertheless, a major uproar toward gangster activity followed the assassination, and public opinion moved against Capone.
3. Capone played the role of peacemaker, calling on the other gangsters to sound down their aggression. He also managed to negotiate an amnesty among rival gangsters, and the killing and abuse ceased for two months. But Chicago had been firmly in the grasp of gangsters and Capone looked beyond the law’s control.
4. He was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, and imprisoned. Capone was soon incarcerated in the Eastern penitentiary, where he lived until 16 March 1930. He was later released from prison for good behavior, but put on the “Most Wanted” list of America, which publicly humiliated a mobster who so desperately wanted to be considered a worthy man of the people.
5. The jury found Capone guilty on 17 October 1931 of multiple counts of tax evasion. Judge Wilkerson sentenced him to 11 years in prison, $50,000 in fines and an additional $30,000 in court costs. They refused Bail.
6. Capone is allegedly responsible for the Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre in 1929 and attempted murder on Bugs Moran, head of the North Side Gang.
7. Just as powerful powers gathered against him, Capone indulged in one last gruesome act of revenge — the murder of two Sicilian associates who he claimed had betrayed him. Capone welcomed his victims to a sumptuous banquet where, with a baseball bat, he violently pulverized them. Before executing them, Capone had observed the old tradition of wine- and dining-traitors.
These all are top rated Al Capone crimes which made him top gangster of USA history.